Texas Appleseed, Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions©, and Texas attorneys supporting the Diversity Legal Scholars program believe that law schools should be accessible to all qualified students. This program helps low-income people of color expand their law school options by awarding scholarships covering the full cost of a Kaplan (LSAT) preparation course.
To apply, applicants must submit all of the following:
1) A two-page application signed by the applicant.
2) Resume, including work experience and community service.
3) Copy of college transcript (and any graduate school transcripts).
4) Financial need documentation (tax return or proof of financial aid).
5) One letter of recommendation from working professional.
6) A statement of economic, social or personal disadvantage (500 words).
7) An essay that addresses a current issue that relates to the legal field and diversity (350-750 words).
Diversity Legal Scholars Program
1609 Shoal Creek, Ste. 201
Austin, TX 78701
Phone: 512-473-2800, ext.107
- Join our Diversity Legal Scholars Facebook group.
- Texas Appleseed awards scholarships three times a year.
- Texas Appleseed has awarded more than 300 of these scholarships since the program began in 1997.